Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Baby Mullet

I took Gwen to my work place when she was a couple months old, basically just to show her off. One of my friends, Kathryn, noticed that she hadn't yet developed that neat bald patch on the back of the head that infants the world over have come to sport, also known as the "baby mullet."

"Yet?" I said. "But she has so much hair," I reasoned with her. "Surely she would bypass that embarrassing phase."

"No," Kathryn returned, "All babies get it. It's like a rite of passage."

Certainly, I thought to myself, that my baby was special; that she would dodge that bullet.

But alas...



Business in the front...




Party in the back!


(And it turns out that baby mullets only add to that whole "special" factor. Go figure.)

No comments:

Post a Comment